Monument Welcome Sign
Monument was first settled in 1865 but didn't begin to grow until there was a local siding built in 1872 on the Rio Grande Railroad. Then the town was incorporated as "Henry's Station" in 1879. The name was changed to Monument in 1882, after Monument Creek and Monument Rock.
With Interstate 25 passing right through the middle of town, Monument is growing very quickly but is essentially a bedroom community for Colorado Springs. There are lots of small businesses and local shops and restaurants but there is no manufacturing or big business happening inside the town limits.
Monument Town Hall and Police Department
El Paso County Related PagesCalhan - Colorado Springs - Fountain - Green Mountain Falls
Manitou Springs - Monument - Palmer Lake - Ramah - El Paso County
Pike National Forest - Cheyenne Mountain State Park
Photos are courtesy of TheArmchairExplorer, CCA-by-SA 4.0 License