One of the banks in Fleming
The first settlers arrived in the Fleming area in the 1880's but a settlement never really evolved until the railroad arrived in 1904. With the railroad came a bank and a store. By 1938 there were more than 300 people in Fleming. There were also two lumber yards, three elevators, a local phone exchange, a cash store, two mercantiles, a hotel, a meat market, two theaters, two garages, a school, a newspaper, restaurants and a post office.
The Fleming Community Center