The heart of Crook
Crook was named in honor of General George Crook, a Union Army officer during the Civil War and a commander during the Indian Wars in Arizona. The fist businesses in town, a post office and a store, opened their doors in 1881. Come 1928 and there were more than 300 residents in town. There were also eight churches, four general stores, five gas stations, a bank, a drug store, a lumber yard, a meat market, real estate office, post office, local phone exchange and a car dealer. Much of old downtown Crook still remains, on the north side of State Highway 138. To get the whole story, stop by the Crook Museum on the corner of 4th Street and 4th Avenue.
The countryside around Crook
Logan County Related PagesCrook - Fleming - Iliff - Merino
Peetz - Sterling - Logan County
North Sterling State Park